When you are finished, you can close the registration page and return here.
Download our 2012-2013 Learn to Skate flyer here
Download our 2013 Learn to Skate Hockey flyer here
Your road to skating success!
Frequently asked questions
- TOT 1 - For pre-school beginners (ages 3 1/2-6) whom have never skated. They will learn the proper way to fall,
get up, march in place as well as across the ice.
- TOT 2 - For the pre-school skater (ages 3 1/2-6) who has
passed Tot 1. Skaters will learn a two-foot jump, forward
swizzles and a 2-foot glide.
- TOT 3 - After Tot 2, skaters will learn push and glide stroking, more advanced forward swizzles, a dip and preparation
for a snowplow stop.
- TOT 4 - Graduates of Tot 3 will learn T-position pushes, backward wiggles and swizzles and a snowplow stop. Skaters
advance to Skate 2.
My Tot and Me
- Have fun ice-skating with your child. We make it easy with creative play and
interactive learning games that teach little ones basic ice skating skills.
- Each 7-week session meets once a week, with 1/2 hour class time. When you sign up
you will receive a FREE pass to practice on unlimited public sessions!
- For safety's sake, all tots (age 7 & under) are required to wear helmets (hockey
helmets with full face shield are required if wearing hockey skates), and dress in
warm comfortable clothes! Oh yes ... and don't forget those gloves!
Click here for further information
(Fall 2012 - updated 8/31/2012)
- SKATE 1 - This is the entry level class for those skaters age 7
and older who have little or no experience on the ice.
Skaters will learn the proper way to fall, get up, march in
place as well as across the ice. They will also be introduced
to forward swizzles, backward wiggles and stops.
- SKATE 2 - This class is for graduates of Skate 1 or for those
skaters age 7 and older who have skating experience, but
have not had formal lessons. Skaters must be able to skate
and glide on their own. They will learn 2-foot and 1-foot
glides, forward and backward swizzles, alternating forward
1/2 swizzles and snowplow stops.
- SKATE 3 - Skaters will learn more push & glide stroking, slaloms, forward pumping and edge and backward glides.
- SKATE 4 - Skaters will learn more advanced forward stroking, forward crossovers, one-foot snowplow stops, backward
1-foot glides and back pumping on a circle.
- SKATE 5 - In this level skaters will learn backward stroking,
backward crossovers, t-stops, backward snowplow stops and
two-foot turns on a circle.
Learn to Skate - Hockey 1 and 2
Learn to Skate Hockey 1 is for skaters looking to eventually play organized hockey. The skaters will learn the basic maneuvers needed to compete in the game of hockey. In order to be considered for
Hockey 2 or our Hockey Development Clinic skaters must be able to show the capacity to execute the following skating maneuvers on the ice; Fall down and get up, march in place, rock side to side, jump, walk and run on the ice, forward glide, forward swizzles, snow plow stop, two feet turn, forward strides.
Learn to Skate Hockey 2 is for skaters who want to continue to improve their skating skills and will also be eligible to participate in our
Hockey Development Clinics on Mondays or Saturdays.
Hockey 2 classes will involve skating skills such as; stops and starts, cross overs, backward strides, agility turning and pivoting with more emphasis on edge work and over all hockey strides.
All classes are 7 weeks.... Cost $119
Both levels maybe combined due to enrollment
Both classes the skaters will be required to
wear hockey skates, hockey gloves,
elbow guards, hockey helmet with protective face mask.